Hi! Welcome to my blog. Here you will find the ramblings of a gal who loves life, her husband, her children, running, teaching, sipping wine with a girlfriend, and helping others.

Life is too short not to say what you need to say, do what your heart desires, and make someone smile everyday.

Thursday, May 2, 2013

Update on the journey - May 2013

I can't believe it's already May!  It seems like just yesterday it was the first of the year!  My journey continues toward the 3 Day 60 mile walk for breast cancer.  I have walked over 65 miles (I run on occasion - I just can't help myself. :) and have raised $775 toward my goal of $2300.

By far the most adventurous walking so far was in Washington DC last week with Fred.  We covered many miles and had a blast doing it.  I was so bummed when we arrived in DC Sunday morning to see the Nike Women's Half Marathon taking place.  Darn it !  It looked like such a great race.

I am committed to the 3 day and I'm excited to continue to train.  The fundraising is more difficult than I ever imagined.  I know that perseverance and excitement will pay off! 

Thank you for your support!  You can help by going to www.the3day.org/goto/KellyKing

No comments:

Post a Comment