Hi! Welcome to my blog. Here you will find the ramblings of a gal who loves life, her husband, her children, running, teaching, sipping wine with a girlfriend, and helping others.

Life is too short not to say what you need to say, do what your heart desires, and make someone smile everyday.

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Follow my journey..... Komen 3-Day

  Here I go again!  Taking on a new challenge - this one definitely takes me out of my comfort zone.... in more ways than one.  I am slowing the pace down and have committed to walk 20 miles for 3 consecutive days for the Susan G Komen 3-Day in Phoenix.  The event is in November and you can bet your sweet ta-ta's that I have started training.  I find it challenging to walk and not take off running. Slowing down the pace is like changing from a ski boat to a canoe.  There is so much more time to think, pray, contemplate life when I'm walking.

The other challenge is the fundraising.... definitely out of my comfort zone.  To date I have had the blessing of $600 in donations and I'm grateful for each and every dollar.  My goal is $2300 and I have faith and confidence that I can make that goal.

So far I've covered 34 miles since April 1.  Stay tuned.... it's going to get crazy!!

http://www.the3day.org/goto/KellyKing

No comments:

Post a Comment