Hi! Welcome to my blog. Here you will find the ramblings of a gal who loves life, her husband, her children, running, teaching, sipping wine with a girlfriend, and helping others.

Life is too short not to say what you need to say, do what your heart desires, and make someone smile everyday.

Sunday, March 30, 2014

Unexpected turns

How does it happen? I'm moving through my life, seemingly happy and content, when a twist and turn has me take my eyes off my path and down a different road. I am definitely one to take the road less traveled.  I love an adventure - one with excitement and even a little risk. But there are times I even step a little over the line of safety and into a place of turmoil and confusion. What I've learned about myself is that I am incredibly strong and can achieve many things without anyone's help. My mom raised me that way. I typically don't rely on others. But this "strength" pattern tends to set me apart & keeps me isolated.  It is not always good - especially when I do need help making sense of things. Knowing and doing are not always synonymous. Especially if the doing is hard. But, I am a woman of great faith and I know that I am never truly alone. It's these conversations I have with my Lord that keep me focused and coming home to truth. So when I get distracted and an tempted at a fork in the road, I pray for guidance in my decisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment