Hi! Welcome to my blog. Here you will find the ramblings of a gal who loves life, her husband, her children, running, teaching, sipping wine with a girlfriend, and helping others.

Life is too short not to say what you need to say, do what your heart desires, and make someone smile everyday.

Saturday, December 28, 2013

As 2013 comes to a close, I have so many amazing experiences to reflect back on.  Over the past 365 days I have met so many new people, walked over 600 training miles with my bestie, started my Doctorate in Physical Therapy program. ran and/or walked a half marathon, bought a cabin in the mountains, completed the Komen 3 day - 60 mile walk for breast cancer, helped Meghan plan her wedding, helped Ashley move into her own apartment, had a blast at the King/ Hill family reunion, rescued two sweet little dogs, and have fallen more in love with my husband than I ever imagined.  I traveled to DC 3 times in 6 months for work and had an amazing time exploring at night.

The year has also come with some difficult moments.  We lost our 13-year-old golden retriever, Jesse in May.  My father continues to struggle with stage 4 colon cancer.

I am so excited for 2014.  The year will start out with a wedding - now that's what I call a start with a bang!  I have several races scheduled and have decided to volunteer more for races and events.  As for work, I have many goals I hope to achieve.  I will continue to volunteer on the committee that takes me to DC and I hope to continue growing as an accreditation reviewer for the American Physical Therapy Association.  I absolutely love teaching at the college level and hope to continue to grow as a faculty member.  And, I will be heading to the mountain every chance I get!

I wish you and your family a wonderful, blessed, exciting and adventurous 2014!  xoxo


1 comment:

  1. Love your blog! You are such an inspiration!! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete